Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mats Kahlstrom.












Mats takes ridiculously good photographs and hails from Sweden but now resides in Stavanger on the west coast of Norway.

So whereabouts are you based?
I am originally from a tiny island called Gotland, situated on the Baltic Sea just off the coast of Sweden. Nowadays I live in Stavanger, on the south-west coast of Norway. I really like it here, a buzzing town with great transportation possibilites to the ”outside world” but with waves just a few minutes drive away. Great surfing, great city and very close to the mountains.

Favourite spot to surf in the North Sea?
I've only surfed Stavanger so far, but would very much like to head north to surf Lofoten och Stad here in Norway. These breaks seem really good. Stavanger offers alot of variety which makes the coast surfable for almost any swell direction.

Favourite subject to shoot?
Skateboarding, bmx, snowboarding and surfing are without doubt my favourite subjects. I also enjoy travel photography and I always carry my camera with me when out travelling.

What's in your camera bag and what can't you live without?
I shoot with a Nikon D300, a bunch of prime lenses and strobes from Nikon and Elinchrom. I also shoot some rolls of film with my Hasselblad 500C/M. I would not survive a long time without my 35mm lens (50mm equiv). I just love that focal length. Also, I crave for potato chips, swedish meatballs and watching a sunrise over misty mountains.

You can check more of Mats work out here www.matskahlstrom.se

No comments:

Post a Comment